The Dumb Drum has moved!

You should be automatically redirected soon. If not, click
http://www.dumbdrum.com
and update your bookmarks!

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Local students produce documentary; screening scheduled for tonight at Tower Theater

Nothing makes me happier than to hear of local productions (well, there are some things but we won't go into that here) and earlier this week as I was surfing the internetz, I came across this little story of info over at Late Update. Seems like Center for Multicultural Cooperation (in collabo with Zero Divide) have helped students make their very own 30 minute documentary called Common Ground, which details the lives of three Valley families who migrated here and have created new lives for themselves while working in the ag industry. The families (whom come from Hispanic, Hmong and African-American backgrounds) were followed and interviewed by the students. And if you head down to the FREE screening of the film this Thursday, July 24th at 7pm, said students will be on hand to discuss the making of the film. All I know is that I wish these kinda of programs were around when I was a kid. All I had was Bookit and Troll book orders. Hope to see you guys out there!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure where you're gеtting your info, but
grеat topic. I neeԁs to spend some tіme
learning muсh morе οг undеrstаndіng moгe.
Thanks foг great іnfo I was looking fοr
thiѕ info for mу miѕѕion.

Ϻy website: simply click the next internet site