The Dumb Drum has moved!

You should be automatically redirected soon. If not, click
http://www.dumbdrum.com
and update your bookmarks!

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

E3 2008: Final Fantasy XIII officially announced for 360; "petition" against developer begins


Good to see E3 bring out rage in people....even if it is staged! Probably the biggest news (for me) to come out of this thus far somewhat lame E3 came yesterday when the once PS3 exclusive Final Fantasy XIII was announced to be released on the rival Xbox 360 (in America & Europe only; the game remains a Sony exclusive in Japan). I'm not going to say I'm a hardcore Final Fantasy fan mainly because I've only ever beaten FF7 when I was in college and although I've purchased just about every single iteration since then, I have yet to have the follow through to beat the games. Something about spending 80+ hours seems a bit daunting. But regardless, I will buy XIII when it comes out. But a lot of fanboys are pissed (as would I be) that Square-Enix, the developer of the Final Fantasy series, has apparently sold their souls to the higher bidder and decided to cross their dedicated fan base. Hence this NSFW (language) video embedded up there from Kevin Bowen. Pure gold. Just sit back, hit play and witness a fanboy scorned....don't worry, it's more than likely fake but I'm sure there are some people out there that truly feel this way.

No comments: