The Dumb Drum has moved!

You should be automatically redirected soon. If not, click
http://www.dumbdrum.com
and update your bookmarks!

Thursday, April 3, 2008

Dem Trailers: Victory Edition

Hellboy 2
The full, theatrical trailer for this film has blessed the internetz today and it comes with a special message from the director Guillermo Del Toro himself. But it's what follows that had me enthralled. Shit looks good. Yeah, like I mentioned before, the original didn;t really get my shit flowing. It was cool, an origin story but it did introduce some cool characters and I'm hoping that those were just birthing pains and with this one, Del Toro will bring us pure bliss. Just be sure to not wake the baby! Check out the trailer here.

Shotgun Stories
When you click on the link for the trailer down there, be sure to read the synopsis before watching the trailer. This film intrigues me on many levels. Just watching it filled me with tension and I can't imagine how that theme of family sparring will play through and leaves me wanting to watch to see what the outcome will be. The description sprinkles some background on the characters and adds fuel to the fire that is my desire to check this film out. Check it out here for yourself.

My Blueberry Nights
I haven't see too many of Wong Kar Wai's films (actually, the only thing of his I've seen all the way through was his Six Days music video for DJ Shadow) but his use of color amazes me and kinda reminds me of Hype Williams' Belly sometimes. To finally see his American movie debut is good and hopefully his style of filmmaking will make a faithful transition over. Jude Law? Cool. Natalie Portman? Always cool. But the wild card is Norah Jones. Yup, that Norah Jones. We'll have to wait and see if this is gonna be something to keep or trash. Check out the trailer here.

No comments: