The Dumb Drum has moved!

You should be automatically redirected soon. If not, click
http://www.dumbdrum.com
and update your bookmarks!

Friday, March 14, 2008

Nantucket, here I come!


Well, not me but my screenplay for Blur is going over there. This week brought me my first experience submitting my work for a film festival and with it came a lack of confidence. I'm not sure, but I'm not one of those people who thinks my shit is the best. I always quick to step back and begin to criticize how much better it could of been if I've focused more. But I guess I excel at pointing out how unflawless I really am when I should be going better in the "improving my shit" department. It seems like I might be being a little to critical since the purpose of the colony is to perfect an imperfect screenplay, right? Meh, fuck it. We'll see what happens and move ahead on our next project. But tha doesn't mean my fingers aren't crossed. Anyways, it's now it the hands of someone on the little island in the Atlantic and home of Sandpiper Air. For those of you who know me, I've always been a fan of the island, mainly because of the little TV show from the 90's called Wings (super-duper show and if you wanna fight about it, lets. Hey if it's good enough for Quagmire, it's good enough for me!) but this opportunity goes beyond just wanting to travel. What's up for grabs in the Nantucket Film Festival is a month's long screenwriters colony working with industry professionals to fine tune and perfect the piece and nothing else. How awesome would that be? Beyond words. So, I'll keep updating here to see what happens with that. For now, lets start working on the next one, shall we? And by the way, if your interested, there's still about a week left to submit screenplay entries so if you got something, prep it and send it in. You just never know what'll happen. Hit up the Web Site here for more info!

1 comment:

Bryan Harley said...

Congrats. So does this mean you've finished that new draft? If so, send it my way buddy!