The Dumb Drum has moved!

You should be automatically redirected soon. If not, click
http://www.dumbdrum.com
and update your bookmarks!

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

I Am Legend - The real (better) ending


From what people have told me, the film version of I Am Legend is vastly different from the original Matheson book. I have to say that I rather enjoyed the film but was kinda dissapointed with the ending. It just seemed to easy, prim & proper. Now that the DVD is soon to be released, the alternate ending has surfaced and just redrawn the entire concept of the film for me. Over at firstshowing.com, they have the alternate ending along with some insight into the book and how it translated (or DIDN'T translate) to the film version. Good stuff! Guess the studio's still think the audience is too dumb to deserve the real ending and instead gave us the retarded version. If you haven't seen the film, there are a lot of SPOILERS there so if you don't want to ruin anything, best you just wait.

2 comments:

Bryan Harley said...

Saw this last week. DEFINITELY a superior ending to the film. I can't understand WHY they didn't use this in the first place.

Anonymous said...

OK, but what's up with the bridge? I like that the alternative ending does tie up some loose ends and moments that the main release didn't address. But, weren't all the bridges destroyed?

I kept thinking, ok, how did she pilot a ship off the island?