The Dumb Drum has moved!

You should be automatically redirected soon. If not, click
http://www.dumbdrum.com
and update your bookmarks!

Monday, June 23, 2008

Kevin Smith refelects on George Carlin....R.I.P.

This month has sucked. So far, we've lost Tim Russert, Stan Winston & last night we lost George Carlin. Now I've watched approximately one of George's stand up routines when I was a kid but I really remember him from his appearances in Kevin Smith films. Although mostly limited to nothing more than cameos, Jersey Girl really provided his with a meaty role. And I really digged his performance, especially since it was such a distant role compared to his stand up. Kevin Smith has written up a wonderful piece over here at Newsweek and he does a wonderful job of summarizing his experience in working with the legend. One of these days we'll get to say those words on TV and make the man smile down from heaven. Fucken 'aye!

No comments: