The Dumb Drum has moved!

You should be automatically redirected soon. If not, click
http://www.dumbdrum.com
and update your bookmarks!

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Spaced comes to America....proper

A couple of months ago, a controversy was brewing over in Mecca (aka Aintitcoolnews) concerning the Americanization of an apparently much beloved British series called Spaced which starred Simon Pegg, Nick Frost and directed by Edgar Wright (Shaun Of The Dead, Hot Fuzz): Fans were pissed that none of the original creators had been consulted with as far as doing the American version. That prompted me to look into the series (as it was hyped up to be very cool & funny) and I found some episodes to watch and much to my delight, the thing was great! I've never been a big fan of British TV comedies I guess cause I'm too stupid but the mix of comic book humor, video game violence and over-all witty banter rivaling that of a lost Kevin Smith script really sealed the deal for me. Fast forward a couple of months and now the American version has taken the back seat (for now) and today, the announcement of a proper US release for the series on DVD has come forward with a host of special features including commentary from director Quentin Tarantino, director Kevin Smith & screenwriter Diablo Cody among them. Check out the full story & details over here at Aintitcoolnews.com. Check out the video of one of my favorite sequences from the show. Gotta love the paintball blood he spits out towards the end.

No comments: