The Dumb Drum has moved!

You should be automatically redirected soon. If not, click
http://www.dumbdrum.com
and update your bookmarks!

Saturday, January 19, 2008

Magazine desperate for affirmation; names catchphrase of the year



"I drink your milkshake! I drink it up!"

Well, unfortunately "There Will Be Blood" from director P.T. Anderson has yet to hit theaters here in the Fresno (now I hear that very soon it will), but this New York magazine article is already calling one of it's lines as THE catchphrase of the year. As much as I hate people who do this (C'mon, if I have to hear one more person make a McLovin quote I will rip their lungs out and make balloon animals out of them) I don't think that the milkshake quote will have enough steam to reach those levels of saturation. I mean, for the most part, most people will not go see this movie (when the trailer played in front of "Atonement" the people next to me, yes the "cunts", reacted as if someone had shoved a spoonful of turd in their mouths). But who knows, right? Humanity could surprise me? Better leave a comment or I drink your milkshake! I drink it up!

No comments: