The Dumb Drum has moved!

You should be automatically redirected soon. If not, click
http://www.dumbdrum.com
and update your bookmarks!

Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Birth of Hulu brings laughs, Natalie Portman



Well, the much publicized battle between Apple & NBC has gave way to HULU, to which I received my beta key this morning to test the site. And that's when I saw that Natalie Port....actually, she'll always be Mathilda to me so let me amend that....Mathilda stars in from an old SNL, it brought smiles to my face. For those of you aware, NBC (as are most other networks) was always been scary about other sites such as You Tube & Google Video posting clips from their lineup. For a while, iTunes was the answer for that, selling episodes there. But that came to an end earlier in the year and NBC promised to start up their own digital distribution center. Hence, HULU. So far so good. The site loads pretty speedy, the clips are high quality and they have some old, good stuff. I don't personally watch any NBC shows (don't watch that much TV, period) but it cool to have all these clips available to embed and email to friends. What was weird was that there are also other network shows such as "Family Guy" and "The Simpsons" from FOX and some Bravo shows available there, too. What does that mean? I'm not sure, but I think NBC is ready to go to war with Apple & ABC, there gonna need all the help they can muster and FOX could be a good ally. If you get a chance, check out HULU and sign up for the beta to check out a hefty library of clips from all the NBC library. Oh, Mathilda.....all grown up and looking good in high quality streaming video. This could only mean good things for the future, right?

No comments: